Diploma of Leadership and Management
Course Code: BSB51915 CRICOS: 091339G
Download Course Outline
Diploma of Leadership and Management qualification reflects the role of employees who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
Working in a business that could be in any type of industry or service area as a Business Manager you would lead teams and manage and run the business.
2 semesters (36 tuition weeks)
Application Fee: $AU 200
Tuition: $AU 10,300
Mode of Study
Face to Face/ on campus
Sales Team Manager
Human Resources Manager
Senior operational or team leading role in the health industry
Health Administration Team Member
Program or project supervisor
Project design assistant
There are no entry requirements for Diploma of Leadership and Management courses.International students entering this qualification must have an English Language proficiency level of one of the below:
- IELTS band score of 5.5 or an equivalent internationally recognised exam result in line with Department of Home Affairs regulations (www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Stud/More/Student-Visa-English-Language-Requirements)
- IELTS band score of 5.0 then satisfactory completion of an Upper Intermediate ELICOS or EAL or EAP program up to 20 weeks
- Completion of at least upper intermediate ELICOS from a NEAS quality-endorsed centre (www.neas.org.au/studentsagents) or a member college of English Australia (www.englishaustralia.com.au/)
- studied in English for at least five years in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States
- within two years of your application date have successfully completed in Australia
- a foundation course
- a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or
- a substantial part of a Certificate IV or higher level qualification, from the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Recognition of Prior Learning provides students an opportunity to have their current skills and competencies recognised. Applicants wishing to have Recognition of Prior learning should complete the relevant RPL application form available from student administration.Students must be 18 years of age before commencement of VET courses at Ozford College of Business.
|To achieve a Diploma of Leadership and Management, 12 units must be completed:|
|4 cores units plus 8 elective units|
|Core Stream (All Students)|
|BSBLDR501||Develop and use emotional intelligence|
|BSBMGT517||Manage operational plan|
|BSBLDR502||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness|
|Elective Stream 1 (All Students) (Subject to change)*|
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace|
|BSBMGT502||Manage people performance|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development|
|* Elective units are subject to change. (Students choose a 1 major stream).|
|BSBMED301||Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately|
|CHCPRP005||Engage with health professionals and the health system|
|HLTINF003||Implement and monitor infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
|BSBCUS501||Manage quality customer service|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|BSBHRM513||Manage workplace planning|
|BSBMGT518||Develop organisation policy|
|BSBMGT521||Plan, implement and review a quality assurance program|
|BSBSLS502||Lead and manage a sales team|
|BSBSLS501||Develop a sales plan|
|BSBMKG507||Interpret market trends and developments|
|BSBMGT516||Facilitate continuous improvement|
- Observation of ongoing activities
- Written assignments
- Presentations and oral assessment
- Role plays
- Observation of group discussion
Candidates will undertake informal assessment on an ongoing basis. This assessment will be used by the trainer to monitor candidate progress and to provide appropriate feedback. The informal assessments do not contribute to the results achieved by a learner. Learners should be aware that all competency based tasks must be completed by the submission due date.